Ashley Bell

Ashley Bell:Young actress discusses her role as a possessed adolescent creepy horror film from producer Eli Roth .
Devil worship and people had always made for big things in horror movies. From classic films as Rosemary’s Baby “and” The Exorcist recent hits as House of the devil, spooky religion and possessed of demons have never gone out of fashion. Evidence of this can be found in the new horror film from producer Eli Roth (Hostel) called last demons, which opens in theaters on August 27.
The film, which stars Patrick Fabian (Must Love Dogs), Louis Herthum (I Love You Phillip Morris “) and Ashley Bell (State of Play), centers around the Reverend, who had lost faith in the church and took a documentary film crew with him, to prove that exorcism fraud. In the situation gets out of control when he tries to help a girl who actually possessed. We recently had the opportunity to talk with Ashley Bell, the actress, who plays a possessed young girl in the movie about her terrible new film, her favorite classic horror movies, if she believes in exorcism, and it was like working with Eli Roth. That’s what a talented young actress had to say:
First, the film feels very much like a return to classic horror films late 70′s and early 80′s as “The Exorcist” and “Poltergeist,” you think that was the tone of the film makers went to?

Ashley Bell:
You know, actually in preparation, Daniel said, to watch all the films and the Exorcist, then to not do this. So we were right from the start to something completely different, completely unique, and I think that the movie was this. This is a very clever and very funny in all the right places. I think this is a unique film Exorcist. On the set though, Daniel than about 20 to 30 took the stage, which is incredibly release as an actor, because it’s my first big movie. I welcomed to try anything and my opinion was welcomed, which you can go all my life waiting for something like that. So it was really safe environment to do anything.
Your role in the film is very physical, do not you ever become physically draining to do many takes in a row?

Ashley Bell
: Yes. Honestly, I love this part of the second that I read the breakdown. So every day I really welcomed the challenge and was glad to do all that physical labor and have the opportunity to play such a huge role. So I was very proud of all the bruises I received. They were the wounds of war.
What can you tell about your character, Nell, and that she is going through emotionally in the film?

Ashley Bell:
Well, Nell is 15 years old, and from the back woods Louisianan. She is very religious, and thought to be possessed. So when I read that you know, the theme of exorcism is so fascinating and there is always another turn, and to submit this issue. When I read about it, I liked his research. As an actress, that is something that catches my attention to and makes me, as much in character as possible. I tried to read every book I could find on exorcism. I interviewed people and visited Baptist churches in the valley, and all. So I just soaked up as much as I can on this subject, that can continue indefinitely. Since the actual tape, you hear voices and sounds that originate from a tape, you listen, and think that’s doable or a person. Then comes the sound, which is not a man, woman, man or animal, and you just listen and think, what is it? So I had to do a field day of my research.
At the beginning of the movie character, Patrick Fabian, Rev Marcus Cotton, lost faith in the practice of spells. Now that you have made this movie, and from the research that you did, you think, spells real?
Ashley Bell: Yes, it’s interesting, I’m not so questionable now, when I was entering her odd reason you think that it is fake or suggestion, but honestly, with the things that you hear, and some of the things that I read is not possible human beings, what is happening. Especially those tapes that I listened to when you hear that, as I said, not of this world. You really are, “What is this? My opinion on it is definitely changed. I think (the film) is very much through his point of view, the Rev. Mark Cotton, and he was confident, and so trusted he entered when he begins to doubt himself and his beliefs began to falter you how to behave very vulnerable and defenseless is wrong. I think that the horror and the expectation comes from the film.

You can discuss the fight, which begins to develop in the film between the father of your character, and the Rev. Cotton?

Ashley Bell:
Louis Herthum plays my father in the film, and an incredible actor. He is one of the most generous and giving actors work. Most of my scenes with him, and Patrick Fabian, who is also wonderful. Many scenes were just all of us shooting with Daniel and Zoltan, DP, and take after take off we were there for each other. I think that without trust, none of us could not achieve what we have done is really a gift for working with them.

The narrative film is set in a documentary style, is that correct?

Ashley Bell:
Yes. Rev. caused this documentary crew to help him clean on all their tricks at exorcism. He is a fake one on me that night, and then eventually all hell when the real thing comes.
Can we talk about manufacturers, Eli Roth and Marc Abraham, and their contribution to this movie?

Ashley Bell:

Mark was definitely on the set all the Strike Entertainment. They were very hands of them all the way to the end. They were very involved and invested in the project. You may feel that a lot of care went into making this film. I got a chance to see Eli in a little editing room and it was so cool because you actually see it building, the anticipation and the creation of the horror that he does so masterfully. It’s almost like mathematics. He will say: “Well, to cut this here and put it here.” He builds what he builds the tension and so that the tremor, he was very keen on this project. Between him and Daniel, I think they really have created something so unique and such a different brand of horror movie that I think that both new fans and horror fans will be happy.
Finally, if you had the opportunity to speak directly to the “old school” horror fans, what would you tell them to get them excited and interested in this movie?
Ashley Bell:
Well, I too was a fan of horror all my life, and you mentioned Poltergeist and Exorcist, and I grew up watching movies like that. I saw this film for the first time in the Los Angeles Film Festival, and then I actually went home and slept in my parents’ house in Los Angeles, because I am afraid of myself. This is very exciting, very scary, and it is something unique. I think people will be surprised by what they see.
Ashley Bell
via

0 comments:

Tulis Komentar Disini