MN State Fair & Some Nature

It’s truly becoming additional autumn-like the following in Minnesota. We had the residence open yesterday with the cool breeze (70s) billowing through the house, slamming the occasional door. My allergies are reminding me today that I shouldn’t have done that, but it was so pleasant at the time!

The Minnesota Region Fair starts tomorrow. I have three tiny wall hangings in the Creative Activities Building (my beach skinny quilt, my hand-appliqued flowers, along with a paper-pieced mariner’s compass – ribbon from Dakota County Fair), my bee quilt is inside the Ag-Hort Building in the Bee & Honey area, and I finished my quilt on a stick in time (the theme is mosquitoes):

I also ventured out towards the wildflowers in back and caught a new (to me) dragonfly in pixels (can’t say I captured it on film any more!)

It was late inside afternoon, and I adore the golden light that sweeps from the flowers and, well, I guess they’re weeds:

Including tons of goldenrod.

I always concept goldenrod was a big-time allergen, responsible to your whole lot of hay fever problems. Turns out, it isn’t. Rag weed is the big offender. Goldenrod is pollinated by insects, and rag weed is pollinated by the wind. How nice, I don’t must hate the goldenrod any more!

My Aunt Bert from Alabama has been visiting, and we’ve had a wonderful time. We’ve done some sewing, card playing, visited my mother, ran some errands, lunched, and I’ve really enjoyed her company…and I’m not just saying that mainly because she’ll be reading this blog later this morning on her iPod! It’s been a lovely week.

0 comments:

Tulis Komentar Disini